Listed here are the teaching and supervision positions I have held over the years at Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland and Institute of Technology Carlow, Carlow, Ireland.
Institute of Technology Carlow (2016-present)
Teaching: I have taught or teach modules of the following courses:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electronic Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic Engineering
- TRON H4617 – Embedded Linux Development 4th Year module (2018-present)
- PRTC H1604 – Electronic Engineering Practice 1st Year module (2016-present)
- PROJ H4602 – Design Project 4th Year module (Final Year Project supervision) (2016-present)
- COMM H2612 – Electronic Communications 2nd Year module (2016-2017)
- WKPL H4606 – Industrial Placement module (2019)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Aircraft Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Pilot Studies
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering
- CTRL H4613 – Dynamics and Control, Control 4th Year module (2018-present)
- Apprenticeship Course
- Electrical Instrumentation Phase 4 and Phase 6 modules. (2016-2017)
Present Supervision: My current research supervision students are as follows:
- Bovenizer, Christopher (2020-2022), IRC Employment-Based Program M.Sc., “Live, On-site Automation of Harvesting Equipment using Artificial Intelligence, Vision and
- Sensor Systems”, Institute of Technology, Carlow and Tanco Autowrap Limited.
- Furlong, Ryan (2019-2021), President’s EngCore Research Fellowship M.Sc., “Development platform for Artificial Intelligence at the network edge”.
- Connolly, Luke (2019-2021), President’s EngCore Research Fellowship M.Sc., “UAV obstacle avoidance”, Institute of Technology, Carlow.
Previous Supervision: I supervised the following MSc in Communications Technology Management dissertation for the Irish Defence Forces:
- Brennan, Colm (2019), M.Sc. in Communications Technology Management, “How can Machine Learning be Applied to Maritime Data Information to Aid Targeted Patrolling by the Irish Naval Service?”
Trinity College Dublin (2003-2008)
MSc in Computer Science (Ubiquitous Computer) teaching the Embedded Hardware module. I also supervised or co-supervised the following dissertations:
- Kantas, Charalampos (2008), M.Sc. in Computer Science (Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing), “Design & Analysis of Power-Efficient Embedded FPGA Sensor Systems”
- Meehan, Eoin (2006), M.Sc. in Computer Science (Ubiquitous Computing), “Are you looking at me?”
- Carter, James (2006), M.Sc. in Computer Science (Ubiquitous Computing), “Study of power saving on Mica2 motes.”
- McKnight, Joseph (2006), M.Sc. in Computer Science (Ubiquitous Computing), “Investigating an Integrated Inertial Gesture Recognition System and Vibrotactile Display”